[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-trellis

From: S Mande
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-trellis
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:19:18 -0400

Hi,

I received my USRP and successfully tried the gnuradio examples on it.

Then I tried digtal & gr-trellis examples.

The gr-trellis/src examples worked fine as mentioned in the read me file.

>>>    I was trying to transmit few convolutionally encoded packets and receive ( decode ) the same using Viterbi decoder at the receiver. Now, I could transmit / receive the sample packets using benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py Thats about it. But i couldnt encode my packets. My understanding is that by default these packets are not encoded. I tried going through the library files ( trellis.cc, trellis_viterbi_b.cc), but got lost in between.  The gr-trellis.xml wasent helpful either.
Can anyone please point as to how (for testing) i can transmit convolutionally encoded packets and receive the same ? <<<

Since a generic encoder is implemented, i guess that understanding with the convolution example should be the easiest.

Thanks a lot.

S. Mande.

P.S. Please excuse me if this question sounds like a newbie question.