Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] oprofile inband code results

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] oprofile inband code results
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 18:02:09 -0400

George Nychis wrote:
Heres a new and important run, where it seems like the application cannot keep up (Eric knows what I'm talking about) from the low interpolation and decimation rates, the memory usage shoots through the roof, and the system ends up locking up for a period of time:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/gnychis/inband_tx_rx_3

the PMT library is really sucking face with 23% of the time, surpassing libm, libc and libstdc++ which are at 22%.

I can certainly think of ways of reducing the PMT usage... there are numerous cases where I will parse a PMT list, and pass the list to another method only to re-parse it because it is convenient rather than passing tons of parameters. :)

- George

and just to clarify, i'm not saying it would be extremely beneficial to optimize the PMT use through all of the inband code... but most certainly in the TX and RX chain through the inband code. Optimizing the parsing of TX and RX messages would seem key.

- George