Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Encoder Integration

From: S Mande
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Encoder Integration
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:16:58 -0400

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

I knew that integrating the Viterbi algorithm on the receiver side is going to take a lot of work. And I had seen gr-trellis folder, which had the Viterbi decoder implementation, which I was planning to use for the time being.

I was thinking of atleast integrating the encoder on the transmitting side first.

I think that if I replicate the transmitter side steps (steps 2 to 5 in my earlier post) in Verilog on the FPGA, then the data packets getting transmitted from transmitter side would be same as the current implementation. Then, I can use the existing Achilleas's Viterbi decoder on the receiver side to decode my data for the time being. *~*  Any comments ?  *~*

I am not sure, but dont see a reason why this should'nt work !

Does anyone has any comments on  *~*~*  if 4 steps (in Verilog) in my earlier post, would 'replicate'  the existing transmitting steps or anything else needs to be added?   *~*~*

I plan to finish the transmitter side implementation as soon as possible and then moving ahead.

Best Regards,
S. Mande.