Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] in-band signaling & dependent packets (i.e., ACK

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] in-band signaling & dependent packets (i.e., ACK generation)
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:07:41 -0500

From some discussion on comp.dsp, it seems as though I'm looking for a matched filter:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dsp/browse_thread/thread/f93d7867f74dbe95#0dc48f2a8ed09e07

If you see what I'm getting at, if I implement a matched filter in the FPGA (given that it does what I think it does ;)), I can detect incoming frames without using the PHY layer.

Let's say that a simple requirement is this: the frame format must have the destination address directly after the framing sequence. Therefore I could use the matched filter to detect incoming frames to my address in the FPGA using a single sequence, without the turnaround time to the host.

By doing this, I could generate ACKs much faster by storing pre-modulated data in the FPGA which is triggered.

- George