[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: BasicRX boards and AM transmission

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: BasicRX boards and AM transmission
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:21:30 +0100

Martin Braun schrieb am 2007-12-10 17:06:
Hi,

RXing with the USRP simply doesn't work, though, neither with usrp_rx_nogui.py nor with anything I could come up with. I get lots more noise than expected and usually I get a very loud buzz or whistle which is a lot louder than the TXed signal. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm using the Basic* boards directly connected to an antenna (no bandpass filtering).

Hello Martin!

The BasicRX has no aliasing filter. You get a lot of mirrored frequencies from above 30MHz. It is possible to receive FM Radio...

Check your selected frequency for mirror-frequencies from the UKW-Range. Maybe you can use FM demodulation to identify a interferring FM radio station. Just a guess.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>