[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: AGC and PGC

From: JALLON Pierre 201932
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: AGC and PGC
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:38:11 +0100

Dear Aadil and dear all,

 Thank you for your answer.

 I work on the opportunist access to UHF bands and I try to detect the channels
where a DVB-T (HDTV ?) signal is present (thanks to some correlation methods).
I then compare the power of the received signal in the bands where I have
detected a DVB-T signal. Nevertheless, I am facing some issues with the signal
dynamic range.

 In fact, whatever the value of PGA, I get a signal with a very low dynamic
range (663 "states"). I guess this is due to the artefact at the beginning of
the received signal which has a very high amplitude (close to 6000 - the
maximal value reached by the "informative" signal is only 300). I would hence
know is there is a way to reinitialise the AGC to improve the dynamic range of
the useful part of the signal (that I get with the script usrp_rx_cfile.py).

 I realised that I don't use the last version of GNU Radio (3.0.4 instead of
3.1.1). Maybe an update will fix this issue... If you know an alternative
solution, it would be welcome !

 Thanks for your help,

Pierre