Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] missing python package

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] missing python package
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:41:50 -0500

I just tried using py25-gtk2 (2.12.0; my personal install with a Python 2.5 framework, which is also a personal install), and it works just fine. I'm moving back to Python 2.4 (not my personal install, just MacPorts) to test that out, and will report back when I know more ... I didn't have py-gtk2 installed, and that has a whole bunch of dependencies that need to be installed first, etc...

On a side note related to MacPorts and Python, some of the py- modules aren't installed correctly any longer; some never were (who's doing QA here!). py-gtk2 might be one of them. As e.g.: wx-python 2.8 doesn't create the correct directory structure to do "import wx" ... links are needed to do this correctly (and aren't part of the standard Portfile; corrections have been submitted for this particular bug).