[Discuss-gnuradio] Flex2400 and benchmark_rx.py - receiving only fractio

From: sri ram
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flex2400 and benchmark_rx.py - receiving only fraction of packets
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:51:05 -0500

Hi all,
     I am working with Flex2400 boards and the USRP. I have a question
about the digital module (GMSK data transfer). I observe this: When
I send 660 packets , I receive less than 400 of them and less than
200 are correct.

I setup two PCs with ubuntu and with an USRP each. The antennas were
connected to the TX/RX ports on each USRP and separated around 3.2m. Basic
tests such as oscope and fft work fine, with one side sending. Then with
benchmark, on one end I use:
./benchmark_tx.py -f 2.412G --tx-amplitude=20000 -v -r 500k
and the other
./benchmark_rx.py -f 2.412G --rx-gain=70 -v -r 500k

For different runs, errors happen and in a typical run I get something like
ok = False  pktno =  662  n_rcvd =  355  n_right =  164

I did the following (which did not help)
1) varied rx gain and tx_amplitude over a range
2) checked the frequency 2.412 (using oscope and iwlist) and also changed to other free frequencies
3) repeated experiment at a different time and day
The ratio of the pktno to n_rcvd and n_right remains almost the same for
different runs.
Further, if I send send traffic the other way, I get lesser number of packets (100) correct.

Has anyone seen something like this? Specifically, I am looking at why the RX would receive only a fraction of packets and why only a smaller fraction would pass crc?

Thanks for your help,
Sri.
P.S. I am attaching the output of the rx side.