Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Dynamic Range and 8 Bit Problem

From: Firas Abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Dynamic Range and 8 Bit Problem
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:53:06 -0800 (PST)

Dear Don W.,

1) Modifying the FPGA file (cordic.v) as you suggested was working fine. The USRP dynamic range was greatly enhanced as follows (the test was done for decimation rate of 8, using BasicRx board, and sine wave frequency =250KHz):

a) For 9 dBm i/p signal, max count was 26198 (previously was 13096).

b) For 10 dBm (Saturating signal), The max count was 26830 ( previously was 13570).

2) I did not tested modifying cic_dec_shifter.v scaling table yet ,but I will do it later.

3) After doing more tests (checking other decimation rates), I think you (or I) must send this modification as a patch to patch-gnuradio.

Thank you.

Firas A.