Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Collecting recieved samples from channel filters

From: Thomas Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Collecting recieved samples from channel filters
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:17:44 +0000

Wee Shinhan wrote:
Hi,

I trying to collect the unmodulated recieved samples
from the channel filters. But i found out that the
codes in received_path.py stored it in a dat file.

I'm wondering if it is possible to extract the samples
without opening the dat file. Just store it as a
variable  so i can perform an inverse operation to
obtained an estimation of the channel coefficent.

Any help would be apprenciated as i'm very new to
python and software radio.

Thanks,
ShinHan

ShinHan,

Depends a bit on what you want to do with the data. If you just want the samples to do some processing on, you can store them in a vector_sink. This could be a bit tricky because you'd really want to then stop the flow graph and do a <vector_sink block name>.data() to get the values out.

Of course, if you do that, it might be easier in this case to process the .dat file using SciPy/Octave/Matlab after running the script.

If you plan to use the information in the receiver later on, you might be better off writing your own block for this. Or, unless I've misunderstood you (did you mean pathloss coefficient or an estimation of the channel taps?), look at some of the equalizer stuff that's in the code.

Tom