Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GNU Radio on MacOS X 10.5 Leopard

From: Andrew Back
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GNU Radio on MacOS X 10.5 Leopard
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:40:17 +0000

Hi Michael,

On 5/1/08 08:57, "Michael Dickens" <address@hidden> wrote:

<<SNIP>>

> On a more positive front, I've tracked down and have a fix for the
> issues we've seen on the GUI.  Turns out that MacOS X 10.5 / Darwin 9
> changes the behavior of threads, so that the fast-usb code's threads
> would not do flow control (notification of start / finish of
> individual threads) reliably.  I've created a testing branch with
> changes that work well for me on 10.5, and should be backwards
> compatible with 10.4 (I'll try that tomorrow; requires a reboot).
> These changes allow the GUI to work for me, which completes the
> (short) list of issues that I know of between 10.5 and GNU Radio.
>
> I would appreciate it if MacOS X users (10.4 or 10.5) could try out,
> and provide feedback on, the branch at:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers/michaelld/usrp_fusb_fix
>
> and verify that USB transport works for them.  You can do this via any
> USRP scripts, and/or heading into "usrp/host/apps" and executing "./
> test_usrp_standard_rx" and "./test_usrp_standard_tx". - MLD

Just built your branch on 10.5 and it works a treat. Currently listening to
a broadcast station via usrp_wfm_rcv.py, and the USB timeout errors in
system.log have gone.

Thanks for all your hard work, and averting a downgrade to OS X 10.4!

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Back MIEEE MBCS CITP
Open Systems Engineer
Osmosoft - open source applications from BT
E: address@hidden
T: 07795 987822
http://www.osmosoft.com