[Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Offsets in RFX 2400

From: Shyamnath
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Offsets in RFX 2400
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:02:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am trying to run a few experiments to transmit a data  stream from a
transmitter to receiver using a RFX 2400.  However, I am observing that the
frequency offset is extremely high at 40-80kHz. In addition, it also changes
significantly, nearly 2-8kHz, every time I restart the usrps.  I have used
various ways of estimating the frequency offset and all of them converge on
the above observations.

So I have a couple of questions
1) Is this high a frequency offset in the specs?
2) Is this variation in the frequency offset  in the specs of these radio?
 (I have been working on other costume made hardware and the frequency
offset has been almost constant for the past couple of months)
3) Is there are way to prevent the frequency offset variation after every
reboot?

Thanks in advance for any replies
Shyam