[Discuss-gnuradio] TV video spectrum

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TV video spectrum
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:48:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I am using TVRX to receive TV signal. I set decimation 8 to give a 8MHz wide
frequency band which is larger than TV bandwidth 6MHz. Now I just use a
piece of wire as the antenna, however, I think I receive audio spectrum
rather than video spectrum. What kind of antenna I should use for observing
video spectrum? Is this piece of wire fine? I also attach the plot I got for
channel2, which is from 54MHz to 60MHz. Did I get right plot? What I am
thinking is that the bandwidth of video should be larger than the one I got
on the plot.

Thanks,
Brook
http://www.nabble.com/file/p14721259/tvchannel2.jpeg