[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnuradio on leopard

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnuradio on leopard
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:07:37 -0500

Replying back to the list, with permission:

On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:26 PM, ChoJin wrote:
If you have any general recommandation about gnuradio on leopard, don't hesitate ;)

ChoJin - There are really only 2 changes to the "usual" install of GNU Radio on OSX 10.5 Leopard that one needs to know right now, when trying to do this using MacPorts 1.6.0:

1) python25, as currently provided by MacPorts, will work, just barely, and only for non-GUI scripts. To correct this (major) issue, following the instructions found in

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11267#comment:21

Make sure to "install python25 +framework", as in the example at the end; GNU Radio's GUI requires the framework install for correct functionality. After doing this, py25-wxpython should build without any issues. If it does, tell me off list and we can work on this issue separately. Make sure (re)install py25-numpy, and whatever else py25-YYY you are using or need.

2) Leopard / Darwin 9 changes the way threads work enough that the fast-USB code for GNU Radio needed to be updated. These updates are not yet in the SVN trunk. In the mean time, use SVN and the following branch:

http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers/michaelld/ usrp_fusb_fix

I hope to these changes integrated with the SVN trunk soon, and would appreciate your (and other OSX 10.4 and/or 10.5 users) feedback as to if they work for you or not. Good luck! - MLD