[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with the examples

From: Jose Emilio Gervilla Rega
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with the examples
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:03:19 +0100

Hello all!

I'm working on OFDM synchronization for GNURadio and we need a file to simulate the OFDM. I thought it would be a good way use the audio_to_file.py of the examples, but it doesn´t work. I speak to the microphone but when I run audio_play.py nothing is listened. I think the problem might be because when I push ENTER the execution of these examples should finish and it doesn't, it continue running until I kill the process (ctrl+c). It occurs with all the examples and I don't know what can be the problem because I've checked the code on the website and it is the same... The lines which should do it are:

if __name__ == '__main__':
      try:
          my_top_block().run()
      except KeyboardInterrupt:
          pass

I think that it is ok and with these lines the program should stop by pushing ENTER but it doesn't. The microphone problem must be other one but i`m starting to suspect that the file doesn't record fine because of this mistake. Can be useful for you that when I run audio_to_play.py it finishes when the file finishes(last a little of time) although it doesn't sound anything, and it doesn't stop if pushing ENTER.

I know these are very elemental doubts and problems but are stopping us of going on with our work and we are not able to solve it.

Thank you very much

Sigue al minuto las principales noticias de tu ciudad MSN Deportes