[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Audio Rate versus Sample Rate of Soundcard

From: meggahertz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Audio Rate versus Sample Rate of Soundcard
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:33:11 -0500

Hello!

I am current transmitting an audio stream from my sound card (SB Audigy2) to
the USRP and it is transmitting at an FM frequency. The problem I am facing is
that my sound card supports 44100Hz sample rate however, since the USRP audio
rate is an integer factor of 128MS/s When I receive the signal on a regular FM
radio it sounds funny depending on the audio rate I set (either sounds high
pitched if i set audio rate to high or sounds low pitched and slow if I choose
a lower sample rate).

If I change the sample rate for the audio_source (sound card) it gives me an
error that the sound card requests 44100Hz.

I am including the lines I am using to rectrieve the audio data:

"           self.fg = gr.flow_graph()
            src = audio.source(44100, options.audio_input)
            fmtx = blks.wfm_tx(self.fg, self.audio_rate, self.usrp_rate)
            self.fg.connect(src, fmtx, gain, self.u)"

Thank you for the previous help and Thanks for this one in advance.

Omer

--
This message was sent on behalf of address@hidden at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/address@hidden/topic.html