Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Audio Rate versus Sample Rate of Soundcard

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Audio Rate versus Sample Rate of Soundcard
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:49:15 +0000

> If you're using alsa, try using  plughw:0,0 as the input device.
> It's got a resampler built into it.

The plughw should do the trick.

You could also try sampling the audio with USRP and LFRX. I've never
tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's just the same as
sampling the ULF+VLF band, the input and output samples would be
coherently timed and you don't need a sound card. Another reason for
the clicking might be buffer over/underflows. Do you see any of the
letters in the set {U,a,O,u} while running your app? If you do, you
can try increasing buffer sizes using the fusb_nblocks and
fusb_block_size parameters in the usrp sink.

juha