Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio block for boolean operations

From: Tim Meehan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio block for boolean operations
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:24:00 -0800

Johnathan,

I have attached a patch to gnuradio-core/src/lib/gengen that provides gr_xor_bb, gr_xor_ii and gr_xor_ss.  The patch also contains qa code dumped into gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr

If this is the format you are looking for I will quickly gen up some other boolean functions.   If you don't think it is appropriate for incorporation into the code base that is OK to.

I think the gengen directory should have svn:ignore set on Makefile.gen and gengen_generated.i.  These both show up in the svn diff but I removed them from the patch

The svn:ignore flag will need to be set for new generated c/h files i.e. gr_xor_bb.c gr_xor_bb.h ...

Tim

On Feb 16, 2008 8:09 AM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/14/08, Tim Meehan <address@hidden> wrote:

>   1) gr_xor_bb, gr_and_bb, gr_or_bb, br_not_bb ...

This would be the way to go.  Alternatively, you could create these
blocks as _ss or _ii, and work on packed data.
Depending on where in
your flowgraph you need this operation, this would be much faster.
See:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gr-gpio/src/lib/gpio_and_const_ss.cc

...for an example of a block that logically ANDs a stream of short
integers with a constant value.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC