[Discuss-gnuradio] ./configure on Cygwin fails at SDL because of no allo

From: Casey Tucker
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ./configure on Cygwin fails at SDL because of no alloca.h
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:57:32 +0000

I'm trying to make GNUradio work properly on cygwin now. I've configured and compiled SDL 1.2.13 normally, and my sdl-config has -mno-cygwin in its --cflags. GNUradio still fails to find SDL properly when configuring, stating that it cannot find alloca.h. I've done a lot of googling on the subject, and cannot seem to deduce how to make SDL and gnuradio work together on cygwin. So my question is this: has anyone had success in this regard, and if so, how exactly did that come about? Maybe I need a lower version of SDL, or need to configure SDL differently?

I will make updating the Trac/Wiki with information about SDL a priority if I am able to get this working.
Thanks.
-Casey