Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ./configure on Cygwin fails at SDL because of noa

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ./configure on Cygwin fails at SDL because of noalloca.h
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:40:50 -0500

Casey Tucker wrote:

I'm trying to make GNUradio work properly on cygwin now. I've configured
and compiled SDL 1.2.13 normally, and my sdl-config has -mno-cygwin in its
--cflags. GNUradio still fails to find SDL properly when configuring, stating that it cannot find alloca.h. I've done a lot of googling on the subject, and
cannot seem to deduce how to make SDL and gnuradio work together on
cygwin. So my question is this: has anyone had success in this regard, and if so, how exactly did that come about? Maybe I need a lower version of SDL, or
need to configure SDL differently?

I don't know of anyone who has tried to make SDL work with GNU Radio on Cygwin.

Might there be a problem if SDL is configured with -mno-cygwin and GNU Radio is not? They may not agree on which include files and library functions (e.g., alloca.h and alloca) are available. You may need to modify the configure file for SDL to fix this.

-- Don W.