[Discuss-gnuradio] Continuos data transmission using messages ...

From: Kshitij Kumar Singh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Continuos data transmission using messages ...
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:12:44 -0500

I am having a little problem working with messages. I want to transmit
an entire binary file using messages over and over again. Eg., msg1
transmits file x, msg2 again transmits file x
and so forth. My problem is that I'm unable to find a way to loop over
the file again and again. I tried using tx_voice.py as a reference but
was unable to find something suitable.
Setting repeat to true in gr.file_source won't help either. My goal is
to send this file using packets(which is why I started out with a
shorter script using messages) , so repeating or throttling ends up
making them strings longer than 4096.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kshitij
from gnuradio import gr
from struct import unpack

queue = gr.msg_queue(10)
source = gr.file_source(gr.sizeof_char,'/home/kshitij/work/tp.dat',
False)
c2f = gr.char_to_float()
sink = gr.message_sink(gr.sizeof_float,queue,False)
tb = gr.top_block()
tb.connect(source,c2f,sink)
try:
    tb.start()
    msg = queue.delete_head()
    payload = msg.to_string()
    data = unpack('512f', payload)
    print data, len(payload)
    print msg.type(), msg.arg1(), msg.arg2(), msg.length()

except KeyboardInterrupt:
    pass