Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio

From: Steven Clark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:58:24 -0500

If you are using the USRP, it handles all the conversion to and from
carrier frequency. The data going across the USB bus is generally
complex baseband.
You instruct the USRP what the carrier frequency should be:

        #Set freq
        if not(usrp.tune(self.usrp_out, 0, self.out_dcard, tx_freq)):
            print "Failed to set initial frequency"
            self._set_status_msg("Failed to set initial frequency")