[Discuss-gnuradio] Re:audio source/sink sample rate

From: vsrk sarma
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re:audio source/sink sample rate
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:19:24 +0530

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:00:32AM +0530, vsrk sarma wrote:
> > Is it possible to change default sample rate for audio files?
> > Most examples in gnuradio examples seemto set sample rate at 32000.
> > Also default audio source/sink is from gr-audio-alsa despite
> configure,make
> > & install with --enable-audio-oss.
> > alsa in my system is accepting only 48000.
> > Is it possible to change setting somewhere to make them compatible?
> > I have gnuradio-3.1.1(tarball version) on Ubuntu 7.10 on a 64 bit
> > laptop(HP/Compaq nx6115)
> >
> > --
> > vsrk sarma
>
> You can set the default audio driver by creating a ~/.gnuradio/config.conf
> with this content:
>
> [audio]
> verbose = True
> #audio_module = audio_oss
> audio_module = audio_alsa
>
> Try specifying -I plughw:0,0 or -O plughw:0,0 on the command line if
> you're using ALSA. plughw implements a resampler. FWIW, we find that ALSA
> generally works better than OSS.
>
> Eric

Python examples I am running are outting directly to alsa. Can you
specify where I can you these arguments? I am running my examples from
terminal command line using commands like :python am_rcv.py [args]
arguments given above are not accepted.
I tried setting up config.conf in ./gnuradio folder (in the parent
directory of gnuradio-3.1.1 without improvement. Is this the correct
place or should it be in location such as /usr/local/lib/...
vsrk sarma
+91 98498 64184
+91 40 6545 8642