Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new 802.11b receiver

From: Mohammad Hamed Firooz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new 802.11b receiver
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:20:29 -0600

Quoting George Nychis <address@hidden>:

Brian Padalino wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Mohammad Hamed Firooz
<address@hidden> wrote:
  Hi,
 As you may know, BBN guys have developed a receiver for 802.11b. But
 due to the USB limitation, they had to cut the spectrum which leads to
 low SNR. We have developed a new receiver by doing some operation
 (especially de-spreading) inside the FPGA (before sending data to USB).
 Therefore, our receiver use the whole spectrum to abstract the data.
 you can find more information and the codes in our website:
 http://span.ece.utah.edu/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.80211bReceiver

So, where's the Verilog for the changed FPGA build?

Considering the amount of research in 802.11 networks, I'm sure it will be extremely helpful for someone in the future who might want to modify your implementation for you to host the Verilog code... just as Matt was nice enough to provide you his FPGA code for the USRP ;)

Maybe make it a separate archive that you are hosting.

Nonetheless, cool and thanks for sharing! I'm sure someone will poke around with this.

- George

Sure, I will probably post the Verilog codes by tomorrow. Right now, I am trying to make it more readable and neat. Sorry for the delay.

--
hamed