Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on VMWare

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on VMWare
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:14:43 -0400

On Mar 26, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Mr. mollasadra wrote:
The only remaining question is: how many of those modules that ./ configure said it was skipping am I suppose to get because they are unnecessary (depending on my operating system requirements, sound card, etc) and how many were skipped
because of the lack of some dependencies?

Do you have a USRP attached to your computer that you're trying to use?

I found, from the default install of FC8, that following the FedoraInstall instructions got all of the modules to compile that could be compiled (e.g. gr-audio-osx and -windows won't compile, since they're not for Linux; -jack won't build if you don't have the jack library; likewise for -comedi component).

Most of the rest of the components require USRP to build ... I found that all I needed to get USRP to compile was executing (as in the FedoraInstall page):

 export PATH=/usr/libexec/sdcc:$PATH

before running ./configure , in order to provide the needed into to configure to find 'sdcc' and its cohorts. YMMV - MLD