[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 JTAG functionality [was Exposing more JTAG func

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 JTAG functionality [was Exposing more JTAG functionallity in FX2firmware]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:25:56 -0600 (CST)

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Uwe Bonnes
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  has there been any effort to expose more JTAG functionality via the FX2 so
>>  that the USRP FX2 firmware could be used with modified other JTAG software,
>>  like xc3sprog.
>
> As far as I can tell, not without some hardware modification.
>
> According to the schematics found here:
>

> http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/usrp-hw/trunk/usrp/interface.pdf?format=raw
>
> The JTAG section of the FPGA is pulled either high or low and has no
> other connections.  You're obviously free to do what you want with
> your hardware, but I don't think you'll get much extra support from
> the mailing list?
>
> I could be wrong, so please have at it!

This reminds me of a question I have about USRP2.  My understanding is the
USRP2 has a Xilinx Spartan 3, which I don't
think come in anything other than BGA packages.  Hopefully Matt brought the
JTAG lines out in case people want to
deadbug a header and use standard tools.  Even better would be the 0.1" holes
to install a header if desired.

-Jeff