Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Exposing more JTAG functionallity in FX2 firmware

From: Uwe Bonnes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Exposing more JTAG functionallity in FX2 firmware
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:28:50 +0200

    Brian> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Uwe Bonnes
    Brian> <address@hidden> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> has there been any effort to expose more JTAG functionality via the
    >> FX2 so that the USRP FX2 firmware could be used with modified other
    >> JTAG software, like xc3sprog.

    Brian> As far as I can tell, not without some hardware modification.

Ah, sorry, I use an xguff(recycle.lbl.gov/~ldoolitt/xguff.html ) like
hardware.

    Brian> According to the schematics found here:

    Brian>

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/usrp-hw/trunk/usrp/interface.pdf?format=raw

    Brian> The JTAG section of the FPGA is pulled either high or low and has
    Brian> no other connections.  You're obviously free to do what you want
    Brian> with your hardware, but I don't think you'll get much extra
    Brian> support from the mailing list?

For the original USRP, my question doesn't apply. I didn't realize that with
my first post. However modified setups are used in different places and
perhaps someone, has hints for me.

--
Uwe Bonnes                address@hidden