Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build failure - caused by posix_memalign.cc - in

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build failure - caused by posix_memalign.cc - in trunk built under Cygwin
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:15:17 -0500

On Feb 17, 2009, at 8:48 AM, Prior-Jones, Michael R wrote:
I'm trying to build the current trunk version of Gnuradio under Cygwin on Windows XP. Make currently fails with

posix_memalign.cc: In function `int posix_memalign(void**, size_t, size_t)': posix_memalign.cc:86: error: `valloc' undeclared (first use this function) posix_memalign.cc:86: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

Have I missed something?

Hmmm. We've tried to include headers in posix_memalign.cc which work with all OSs (OSX, Linux, Cygwin, ?MinGW?) for valloc ()). According to the error the compiler was at line 86, which means that the macro HAVE_VALLOC was defined, which means that 'configure' found the valloc () function prototype somewhere -- but not in the header file(s) included in posix_memalign.cc thus far.

If you issue (in a Cygwin terminal) "grep -lr valloc /usr/include" do you get any files listed? If so, what is it / are they? Issuing this instruction on Ubuntu 8.10 results in:

/usr/include/malloc.h
/usr/include/stdlib.h

So hopefully Cygwin uses one of these Linux headers to define the valloc () function prototype. stdlib.h is already included in posix_memalign.cc, so it's probably not in that header. Maybe malloc.h? We can easily put #if's around the #include to keep OSX from barfing. - MLD