Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sensitivity of USRP to power glitches

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sensitivity of USRP to power glitches
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:01:12 +0000

I got a feeling of deja vu when reading your post. I haven't had any
problems for a long time now, but I never really found the true cause
of these problems. Still, in my mind I have hypothetically correlated
the following with protocol and  usb_reap_async errors:

1. Loose power supply connector
2. Bad USB cable
3. Using a non-USRP under-rated power supply
4. Old PC with a piece of shit USB controller
5. Fiddling around with daughterboards while USRP is live ;)
6. Static electricity during the winter

But as I said, I haven't seen these problems for a long time now. I
have managed to avoid causes 3, 4 and 5 during the last year or so,
but as I said, I don't really know the exact cause for the errors as
they were fairly sporadic.

juha