Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gr-howto-write-a-block

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gr-howto-write-a-block
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 01:39:31 -0400

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:09 AM, William Sherman <address@hidden> wrote:
OK I fixed the error in my Makefile which was giving me the make error.

However I have run into another problem. python doesn't pick up the new
block when I try to run a python program.

I use,
from gnuradio import howto
but the new block is not recognised.

Why would this be?
Do I need to building gr-howto-write-a-block-3.1.3 from inside the
gnuradio directory instead of just some random directory where it is
currently located?

The point of the standalone (random) tree is so that it doesn't need to be inside the GNU Radio tree to work ;)

 Did you do a "sudo make install" also?

- George