[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GRC graphical sink buffer size - how to increase?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GRC graphical sink buffer size - how to increase?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:44:42 -0700

Youll probably want to install more current gnuradio from the development trunk or possibly the 3.2 release candidate.

Enable the GL sinks: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/CompGrWxgui#GLSinks
The opengl scope has a lot more capability including the time scaling you need. Also grc comes with this gnuradio versions, so dont bother with 0.7, its old and dead.

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion

-Josh

Richard Clarke wrote:
Hi,

I'm using GRC 0.7 at the moment. I am using the Scope graphical sink to try
and display the output of calculation on a complex baseband signal @
250Kthat gives the magnitude squared (i.e power envelope). Ideally I want to
be able to display approximately 100ms of the signal at a time in the scope
window, however it seems to default to showing the waveform over only approx
8ms (2000 samples). The scope has a sample rate of 250K set. Changing the
scopes sampling rate only changes the calculated timescale of the graph.
Does the scope block, when used via the GRC UI, use a fixed input buffer
size? Is there a simple way to overcome this and still use GRC or do I need
to construct the flow graph manually?

Thanks very much.

Cheers
Richard