[Discuss-gnuradio] usb connection USRP

From: Don Latham
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usb connection USRP
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:33:40 -0600 (MDT)

OK. Finally managed to get the gnuradio compiled and installed. Now I've
put the recommended 10-usrp.rules file in the right place, checking the
syntax twice, and tried all the suggested steps (reboot, start/stop udev,
killall etc.). When I look at /dev/bus/usb, I see the "owners" of the
device as root root instead of root usrp. lsusb shows the device is there,
lsusb -v shows std.ihx has not loaded.
Further, running the datarate example <./usrp_benchmark_usb.py>, brings
the joyous news:
"could not claim interface operation not permitted" and the subsequent
failure to load std.ihx. I have made the usrp group and am happy to be a
member of same. The failure seems to be that the device belongs to root
root and not to root usrp? I tried to fix that, but of course failed
miserably, and none of the books I have here give me a clue as to the
arcane structure of usb interface software structure. I should mention
that unplugging and replugging the usb cable or restarting the usrp helps
at all. Oh woe. Can you help?
Thanks again!
Don

--