[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: save date and value to an rotating file

From: feldmaus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: save date and value to an rotating file
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:34:22 +0000 (UTC)

Jason Uher <jasonuher <at> gmail.com> writes:

> From your questions on the board I'm starting to wonder if your
> application isn't complex enough that it would warrant being built in
> strict python rather than GRC, it would certainly make your life
> easier in terms of doing things like this:

Yes, my application is not complex, but not general. So there is no
support i think in grc.
Further on, if you make grc moduls, you have to use the sink and source
elements from gnuradio and can not process the input data through some
python functions.
connect(SOURCE(Gnuradio Source) ---> SINK(Gnuradio Sink))
Thats it ! No Python between this connection.

It would be nice to make all in GRC, but there is no module in GRC to
limit the size of an file. Further on i need to save the creation time and the
finish time of the saved file. This simple task is only be done by
python or c++.

There are many simple function not realized in grc like the
mathematical root operation.

Many doesn't work, and so you have to do many by hand !

Thanks for your reply
regards Markus