[Discuss-gnuradio] half USRP

From: Alberto Trentadue
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] half USRP
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:33:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hello
This is for Matt.
I'm not aware about USRP requirement's history, hence I'm asking.
I apologise immediately if the question is stupid enough... :-)

have you ever think about a simplified USRP, or 1/2 USRP, having only 1 side TX
and RX?
Would it make a cost difference (maybe on a large volume basis)? Would it save
some space?
Reason for asking is that many (most?) applications are 1+1 channel, and saving
space may allow more compact boxes,
etc etc.

Thanks for your answer

alberto.

E' arrivato Tiscali Mobile! Acquista la tua SIM Tiscali a soli €5 e scopri la
semplicità e la convenienza del nuovo servizio per il tuo cellulare. Passa a
Tiscali Mobile http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/tiscalimobile/