Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] half USRP

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] half USRP
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:06:39 -0700

Hi Alberto,

the USRP2 is only 1xTX and 1xRX. However, the USRP2 costs more than
the USRP1 because of its bigger FPGA and faster ADC/DAC (in addition
to SDRAM and other hardware). In short, the cost savings are minimal
if you would remove one RX and one TX from the USRP1 (you might be
able to choose a smaller ADC/DAC, and save some connectors). However,
you could save quiet some space (half of the board).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Thomas