[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: maximum of bandwidth and negative frequencies

From: feldmaus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: maximum of bandwidth and negative frequencies
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 08:34:53 +0000 (UTC)

Karthik <karthik1024 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:50 AM, feldmaus <feldmann_markus <at> gmx.de> wrote:
> > I used a band_pass filter in the Analysis Filterbank, but my signal goes
down by
> > ~1.6MHz.
> > I am not sure why ?
>
> If you are tuning your usrp to 1 MHz and have a decimation of 64,
> won't you be receiving signals from 0.5MHz to 1.5MHz?

It seems so. I generated a sinus signal from 0kHz to 2MHz and
my signal passes the following spectrums:
For band1 in my analysis filterbank:
600kHz to 1000kHz
1000kHz to 1300kHz

for band2 in my analysis filterbank:
300kHz to 600kHz
600kHz to 1000kHz
1000kHz to 1300kHz
1300kHz to 1600kHz

for band3 in my analysis filterbank:
300kHz to 600kHz
600kHz to 1000kHz
1300kHz to 1600kHz

so i think the band_pass i not useful for the analysis filterbank at all ?!

Any idea how to set up the analysis filterbank, so that i get for
band1:
1MHz to 1.33MHz

band2:
1.33MHz to 1.66MHz