[Discuss-gnuradio] maximum of bandwidth and negative frequencies

From: feldmaus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] maximum of bandwidth and negative frequencies
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:50:21 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I am using a usrp1, and an Analysis Filterbank with 3 bands. My IF is 1MHz.
The decimation is 64, therefore i get 64MHz/64=1MHz bandwidth.
Therefore i should see signals from 1MHz to 2MHz.

I used a band_pass filter in the Analysis Filterbank, but my signal goes down by
~1.6MHz.
I am not sure why ?

Is this because the half of the bandwidth is for the negative frequencies ?

Here are my parameters again:
decim=64
samp_rate=64e6/decim
firdes.band_pass(1.0, samp_rate, samp_rate*0.01, samp_rate*1/3, samp_rate*0.01)

Regards Markus