Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ALOHA, ARQ and simple PHY on GNU Radio

From: Ahmed Majeed Khan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ALOHA, ARQ and simple PHY on GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:15:17 -0400

Hi guys,
Sorry for the missing reference in last email. As per following:

We have implemented a simple transceiver chain including an ALOHA based
MAC and send-and-wait ARQ protocol. We have tested the system on two cross linked USRP boards (cable baseband transmission so far). The source code is available on http://wwwcs.upb.de/cs/gsr.html and might be interesting to those working on communication networks. Maybe also our FEC, CRC and framing blocks will be useful for someone. There is also a technical report providing results, more details and discussing some problems which we found by using GNU Radio in our environment.
The source code is far from beeing complete. So feel free to improve it
and do not mind to contact me.
Cheers,
Stefan Valentin.

I tried installing the module from source code but got following error:

In file included from gr_convolution_dec.cc:27:
./gr_convolution_dec.h:64: error: extra qualification ?gr_convolution_dec::? on member ?reset_values?
gr_convolution_dec.cc: In constructor ?gr_convolution_dec::gr_convolution_dec(int)?:
gr_convolution_dec.cc:111: warning: statement has no effect
gr_convolution_dec.cc: In member function ?virtual int gr_convolution_dec::general_work(int, gr_vector_int&, gr_vector_const_void_star&, gr_vector_void_star&)?:
gr_convolution_dec.cc:162: error: ?LONG_MAX? was not declared in this scope
gr_convolution_dec.cc:165: error: ?LONG_MIN? was not declared in this scope
gr_convolution_dec.cc:198: error: ?BUTTERFLY? was not declared in this scope
gr_convolution_dec.cc:253: error: ?BUTTERFLY2? was not declared in this scope
gr_convolution_dec.cc: In function ?void traceback(long unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned char*)?:
gr_convolution_dec.cc:352: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make[4]: *** [gr_convolution_dec.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ahmed/Download/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ahmed/Download/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ahmed/Download/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ahmed/Download/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Holger/Stefan, can you please help me rectify it.

>From GNU Radio wiki, I see that Tarun encountered errors in same file; 'gr_convolution_dec.cc'. Tarun, were you able to solve that?

Any idea guys?? Thanks in advance.

-Ahmed