[Discuss-gnuradio] Using the USRP2 external SRAM

From: Tiago Rogério Mück
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the USRP2 external SRAM
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:59:24 -0300

Hi all,

I'm working on some experiments using the USRP2, and the 32 Kb available for the firmware won't be enough for my experiments. I'll need to modify the FPGA code so I can use the 1 MB SRAM for both instructions and data for the aeMB, but I'm a bit lost on how I can do this modifications.

I looked the code and came to some conclusions about what needs to be done:

1 - Change the memory map
         - Change the RAM space to 0 - 1 MB
         - Update the mapping of the buffer poll and the peripherals

2 - Change the logic inside the sys_ram block to forward access to addresses beyond 32 K to the external SRAM

3 - Change the ram_loader parameters so it can load the entire firmware.

Could someone tell me if I'm going to the right direction? I will be very grateful for any hint you can give me.

Thanks