[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: Re: xcvr2450, v3.2 and usrp1

From: William Sherman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: Re: xcvr2450, v3.2 and usrp1
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 02:37:12 +0200

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Can you elaborate on how you installed 3.2, and whether there was a
> prior installation before that?  If so, did you uninstall it first
> before installing 3.2?

Previously I had v3.1.3 installed. This was uninstalled (all packages
removed) before installing v3.2 following the NetBSD build guide.

> What concerns me is that in your original email, there is debugging
> output on the screen.  This was disabled before the 3.2 release, so it
> is possible you have a mixed installation, with some old files still
> on the install path when you installed 3.2.

I looked at the v3.2 firmware. In
gnuradio-3.2/usrp/host/lib/legacy/db_xcvr2450.cc line:375 the debugging
output of setting reg is not commented out:

void
xcvr2450::send_reg(int v)
{
  // Send 24 bits, it keeps last 18 clocked in
  char c[3];
  c[0] = (char)((v >> 16) & 0xff);
  c[1] = (char)((v >>  8) & 0xff);
  c[2] = (char)((v & 0xff));
  std::string s(c, 3);

  usrp()->_write_spi(0, d_spi_enable, d_spi_format, s);
  printf("xcvr2450: Setting reg %d to %X\n", (v&15), v);
}

In the usrp2 firmware it is commented out.

Are the xcvr2450 boards supposed to be able to be used with the usrp1 ?