[Discuss-gnuradio] Error with USRP on make check (Mac OSX)

From: Jonathan Coveney
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error with USRP on make check (Mac OSX)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:47:37 -0400

Hello! I got GNU Radio functioning without the USRP. I am on Mac OSX, and I got this error on make check with the USRP (and only a Basic RX daughterboard in the RXA slot)

I would apprciate any help you can give on how to get the USRP up and running on osx

Making check in gr-usrp
Making check in src
make  check-am
make  check-TESTS
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_usrp.py", line 24, in <module>
    import usrp_swig
  File "/Users/jco/Downloads/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/usrp_swig.py", line 27,
in <module>
    import _usrp_swig
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/jco/Downloads/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/.libs/_usrp_
swig.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libusrp.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/jco/Downloads/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/.libs/_usrp_s
wig.so
  Reason: image not found
FAIL: run_tests

This looks similar to this
>From 2007...nothing seemed to come of it.
Is this a case where make check fails, but the install can still work? Please look at what I was doing (below)

Here is how I got to this: unsure what to do with the USRP (I searched but no one seems to tell you what to do with a new USRP... unless I'm missing a very obvious page), here is what I did

-Removed the install of gnu radio, plugged in and powered the USRP (which HAS been used before, I gander, but I really had no idea what to do)
-Re-svn'ed everything
-With the USRP powered and plugged in via USB, I bootstrapped, ./configure, make, then make check threw the error.

I kept the USRP plugged in because I'm not sure how/when the USRP is supposed to be configured. In my old non-USRP install, I got some errors when using the USRP (it detected and whatnot), that I thought might be due to improper configuration. NOt sure now. I could try to replicate them if need be...