Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding error : usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_i

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding error : usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 2
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:02:38 -0500

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Sheshanandan
KN<address@hidden> wrote:
> hi all,
> I am working on the gnuradio 3.2 stable release. When I execute my
> python script, I am getting the following error.  I am not getting the
> reason for this. If any one of you know about this, please let me
> know...
>

> could not claim interface 2: Device or resource busy

It seems as if something else has opened the USRPs USB interface.

The error stack there can be confusing, the first two lines come from
the 'open_usb_interface' (written in C) which is what is actually
attempting to open the USRP's conncetion, and is failing because it is
busy.

The rest of those lines are the python recursion stack, you read it
from bottom to top, meaning the error (in the python code) at
_usrp_swig.source_c (which is where the complied C code that opens the
USB interface resides).

Does this still happen if you do any of the following things:
1) Run a provided example for the usrp, such as usrp_oscope.py
2) Unplug and re-plug the USRP immediately before running your script
3) Are you in the USRP group? (This usually throws a different error,
but check anyway)

Jason