[Discuss-gnuradio] Any idea what can make a usrp stop working?

From: Jonathan Coveney
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any idea what can make a usrp stop working?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:53:17 -0400

OSX. I got my USRP up and running, and now it isn't. In system profile it even detects USRP 4, and when I run a program, the light slows down flashing, but it doesn't seem to be reading anything.

Here is my error message when I use ./usrp_fft.py

/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_core.py:14448: UserWarning: wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch
  warnings.warn("wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch")
usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg(DeviceRequestTO): pipe is stalled
fusb_ephandle_darwin::read_completed: Expected 32768 bytes; read 0.
fusb_ephandle_darwin::read_completed: Expected 32768 bytes; read 0.
fusb_ephandle_darwin::read_completed: Expected 32768 bytes; read 0.

This website, which is often referenced, doesn't seem to work (just a heads up, as it seems to be on Eric's site)
http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UsrpInstall

Any advice on troubleshooting? I upgraded all my gnuradio files, remade everything, tried taking out the daughterboard. Is this a problem with the board itself, or something that can be rectified? If I whacked a board I am dead...

Are there best practices for connecting and disconnecting the board? Usually I do power up -> usb in, and then when I'm down, power down -> usb out. I have only really messed with running code.