[Discuss-gnuradio] Question in make check of qa_howto*.py

From: Milo Wong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question in make check of qa_howto*.py
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:09:56 -0700

Dear all,

I am reading over the manual of how-to-write-a-block. For the given example: howto_square_ff. I followed the instructions to run the test driven program, but after I input "$ make check" under directory ~/gr-howto-write-a-block/src/python, it said:
 "make: *** No rule to make target `check'.  Stop."
which is not the same as the expected messages in tutorial, i.e -

address@hidden
  make  check-TESTS
  make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eb/gr-build/gr-howto-write-a-block/src/python'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./qa_howto.py", line 24, in ?
      import howto
  ImportError: No module named howto

I know I have to import "howto" module to make the thing works. But I was wondering why I can not even use "make check"? I searched my question online, but there's only one similar question which was left unanswered. What's the problem might be?

FYI:
Ubuntu9.04 + gnuradio3.2+ gr-howto-write-a-block-3.2.2

Milo