[Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX / pigtail impedance

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX / pigtail impedance
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:06:39 +0200

Hi,

I recently acquired a USRP with a TVRX. In the package there was also a
F -> SMA pigtail to put in the front.

But that kinda surprised me from an impedance point of view because:
 - The TVRX input is 75ohm according
 - F connector is 75 ohm afaik.
 - The RG316 cable used for the pigtail is 50ohm
 - SMA is 50 ohm afaik.

So that looks like a weird mix.

Will that have much influence ? How should I connect the classic 75ohm
antennas & cable feed I have ?

I wanted to try and make a F -> F pigtail with 75 ohm coax but I can't
find any right angle F connector here at a reasonnable price (ie,
without 30$ of shipping cost for a 2$ connector ...)

    Sylvain