Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX / pigtail impedance

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX / pigtail impedance
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 09:49:34 -0700

Sylvain Munaut wrote:
Hi,

I recently acquired a USRP with a TVRX. In the package there was also a
F -> SMA pigtail to put in the front.

But that kinda surprised me from an impedance point of view because:
 - The TVRX input is 75ohm according
 - F connector is 75 ohm afaik.
 - The RG316 cable used for the pigtail is 50ohm
 - SMA is 50 ohm afaik.

So that looks like a weird mix.

Yes, it is a weird mix. But it doesn't really make any difference for that short piece of coax at these frequencies. If you really want, you could get a 50 ohm to 75 ohm transformer and then just use SMAs.

Matt