Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Sample 2.4 GHz Channel

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Sample 2.4 GHz Channel
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:00:05 -0700

Miklos Christine wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for. However, when running usrp2_rx_cfile.py with decimation = 4, I get a 'S' printing to stdout. Is anyone else able to run usrp2_rx_cfile.py and not get that overrun message? What could be the reason for 'S'? Is it a limitation on how fast we can write the samples to the hard disk?
I want to keep the maximum number of samples possible.

At a decimation rate of 4 you are generating 25 MS/s. If those samples are complex shorts, that works out to 100 MB/s. If those samples are complex floats, that is 200 MB/s. In the former case, you really need a RAID array of at least two fast drives to keep up. In the latter, you're going to need to do something more exotic.

Matt