Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Disabling the usrp2 in configure

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Disabling the usrp2 in configure
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:58:17 -0400

Philip Balister wrote:
Eric Blossom wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 04:57:32PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
I'm trying to disable the configure stuff for the USRP2 by passing --disable-usrp2 to the configure script. Unfortunately, the usrp2/firmware script is still trying to run. This dies when I am trying to cross compile the code. For the OMAP3, I have no gig-E so I just want the usrp2 stuff out of the way.

OK.
From the log below it looks like you passed --disable--usrp2
(two dashes) instead of --disable-usrp2 (one dash).

What is the best way to force the usrp2 configure stuff not to run at all? I've pasted the error from config.log at the bottom of the email.

Philip

If that doesn't fix it, write again.  I've got some more ideas.

Fixing the typo (the problem with automation, it preserves your mistakes across runs) and adding the --disable-usrp2-firmware did not help. The log is at the bottom of the email.

Patching out the GRC_GR_USRP2 line "solves" the problem, but I do not want to carry this patch around anymore.

I'll be glad to look at your suggestions in the morning!

OK, I found the root problem. Basically, in the usrp2 firmware build process, there is a wrapper configure.gnu that unsets environment vars and removes extra arguments to the configure used to build the firmware. Since I am passing the USB_* vars on the command line, they upset the configure script.

Updating configure.gnu to reomve them solves my problem. The larger question is, should I go ahead and account for the other influential variables listed in the help for the gnuradio configure script.

  CCAS        assembler compiler command (defaults to CC)
  CCASFLAGS   assembler compiler flags (defaults to CFLAGS)
  F77         Fortran 77 compiler command
  FFLAGS      Fortran 77 compiler flags
  PKG_CONFIG  path to pkg-config utility
  FFTW3F_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for FFTW3F, overriding pkg-config
  FFTW3F_LIBS linker flags for FFTW3F, overriding pkg-config
  FFTW3F_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for FFTW3F, overriding pkg-config
  CPPUNIT_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for CPPUNIT, overriding pkg-config
  CPPUNIT_LIBS
              linker flags for CPPUNIT, overriding pkg-config
  CPPUNIT_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for CPPUNIT, overriding pkg-config
  GSL_CFLAGS  C compiler flags for GSL, overriding pkg-config
  GSL_LIBS    linker flags for GSL, overriding pkg-config
  GSL_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for GSL, overriding pkg-config
  USB_CFLAGS  C compiler flags for USB, overriding pkg-config
  USB_LIBS    linker flags for USB, overriding pkg-config
  USB_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for USB, overriding pkg-config
  ALSA_CFLAGS C compiler flags for ALSA, overriding pkg-config
  ALSA_LIBS   linker flags for ALSA, overriding pkg-config
  ALSA_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for ALSA, overriding pkg-config
  JACK_CFLAGS C compiler flags for JACK, overriding pkg-config
  JACK_LIBS   linker flags for JACK, overriding pkg-config
  JACK_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for JACK, overriding pkg-config
  PORTAUDIO_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for PORTAUDIO, overriding pkg-config
  PORTAUDIO_LIBS
              linker flags for PORTAUDIO, overriding pkg-config
  PORTAUDIO_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for PORTAUDIO, overriding pkg-config
  COMEDI_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for COMEDI, overriding pkg-config
  COMEDI_LIBS linker flags for COMEDI, overriding pkg-config
  COMEDI_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for COMEDI, overriding pkg-config
  SDL_CFLAGS  C compiler flags for SDL, overriding pkg-config
  SDL_LIBS    linker flags for SDL, overriding pkg-config
  SDL_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for SDL, overriding pkg-config
  QTCORE_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for QTCORE, overriding pkg-config
  QTCORE_LIBS linker flags for QTCORE, overriding pkg-config
  QTCORE_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for QTCORE, overriding pkg-config
  QTGUI_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for QTGUI, overriding pkg-config
  QTGUI_LIBS  linker flags for QTGUI, overriding pkg-config
  QTGUI_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for QTGUI, overriding pkg-config
  QTOPENGL_CFLAGS
              C compiler flags for QTOPENGL, overriding pkg-config
  QTOPENGL_LIBS
              linker flags for QTOPENGL, overriding pkg-config
  QTOPENGL_INCLUDEDIR
              includedir for QTOPENGL, overriding pkg-config

Philip