Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex data after modulation

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex data after modulation
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:10:49 -0600

> benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx files. A step towards my goal is the use of
> complex data achieved after modulation in the form of X+Yj in real time. I
> want the received complex data from the channel filter block to be processed
> (mathematical operations) and then passed on to packet reciever in the...

Does this need to be in real time?

If the answer is yes, you will most likely want to create a block that
operates on the complex samples, and you can insert it prior to the
demodulation block in the benchmark_rx program.  I'm not sure how up
to date the how-to is, but it is at least a place to start:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html

If the answer is no, the easy method would be turn on logging in the
benchmark_rx and then import the data into matlab/octave for
processing.  Then you can do any mathematical operations you want
pretty easily. (you may want to do this as a 'first step' even if it
needs to be real time to help develop your code)

Jason