RE : [Discuss-gnuradio] PSK demodulation : g et exact point before decid

From: Christophe.Paring
Subject: RE : [Discuss-gnuradio] PSK demodulation : g et exact point before deciding what is the closest constel lation point
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:03:10 -0500

Thanks Eric !

I have a few questions more.

1- I've successfully retrieved the intermediate values by enabling logging to
files. Though, I've no idea about how I "could just wire in your own logging
stuff
wired in by reaching into the hier_block and connecting away", as an
alternative way to reach the same results.

2- I am using USRP2 with an RFX2400 daughterboard. Datasheets indicate 17dBm
for Transmit power, but I cannot find any information about Receive power. Does
anyone know Input power for RFX2400 ?

3- I have only one USRP2 and would like to use a loop-back cable to connect the
output to the input of the same USRP. So I would, for example, run benchmark_tx
and benchmark_rx in two different shells. Can I do it without any worry ? I am
asking the question because it seems that many people always ran a such test
with two USRP (one for Tx and the second for Rx)

4- My last question refers to the error message "usrp2::tx_raw: FIXME: short
packet: 1 items (32 bytes)" received when I run benchmark_tx with a modulation
other than gmsk. This problem has been the subject of a couple of posts such as
this one : http://osdir.com/ml/discuss-gnuradio-gnu/2009-06/msg00284.html . But
it seems not to have been solved.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris